OFP: Community Tools – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(PboX)

(6 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
So - should we move over all the tools from the [[Customising Flashpoint: Addon Creation|Addon Creation page]], and let that one die its natural death? ;) --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 06:12, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
: Didn't know about the other page ;) I wondered why this one is empty. --[[User:Vektorboson|Vektorboson]] 14:07, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
:: I think this page is a better fit, atleast in name. Since most tools should be able to be used for arma and ofp.  [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 15:22, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
::: I think the [[Customising Flashpoint: Addon Creation|Addon Creation page]] is more useful than this. I prefer pages to be task/topic-centric rather than author centric, becase this is easier to navigate for users of the tools. Would you like us to separate our tool to "tools created by Suma", "tools created by Bredy", rather than "Island making"/"Addon making" tools? Each tool page should clearly indicate which tool is "official" and which not, but am not convinced any separate list of "unofficial tools" is needed. --[[User:Suma|Suma]] 17:26, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
::::Damn... I just merged the content of that page with this one, just while you were posting your comment...;) But I think this is still just a temporary solution anyway, since most of the tools listed aren't specific to Operation Flashpoint, so we'll have to find a way of classifying them properly, without having to duplicate all kinds of content. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 17:38, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
::::: I think thats ok. Addon Creation page should be expand to be more informative about creating addons. The tools should be removed and then linked to this article. Addon Creation page should then include tools, tutorials and perhaps a nice write up. 17:41, 3 August 2006 (CEST)
== PboX ==
== PboX ==

The Tool PboX is complete coded by Dschulle
The Tool PboX is complete coded by Dschulle
and only anounced and hosted by SnakeMan (or the "wrptool-team" as you wish ;) )
and only anounced and hosted by SnakeMan (or the "wrptool-team" as you wish ;) )
-----
What is a "content free" intro.
Anyway the COMMUNITYTOOLS part of the link was to ensure it was displayed in the list in proper alphabetical order, taking into account its content.
COMMUNITYTOOLS is NOT displayed, nor indeed will COMMUNITY TOOLS be displayed so the edit was pretty much useless........never mind.  ;P
[[User:Planck|Planck]] 11:09, 5 August 2006 (CEST)
:Spaces do matter for the sorting, that's why I changed "COMMUNITYTOOLS" TO "COMMUNITY TOOLS" . Otherwise, if a page is created that's called "COMMUNITY ZONES" for example, that would show up ''before'' "COMMUNITYTOOLS". And since a lot of pages define the sort key automatically, via <nowiki>{{pagename}}</nowiki>, we can't just ignore spaces altogether. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 06:36, 6 August 2006 (CEST)
-----
Point taken.
I find that PAGENAME produces mixed sorting, you can end up with some articles sorted under 'A' and further on, other articles sorted under 'a', depending on their given page name.
It really does look a mess, which is why I use capitals, but I admit I hadn't considered the space question.
[[User:Planck|Planck]] 13:11, 6 August 2006 (CEST)
:Yeah, <nowiki>{{PAGENAME}}</nowiki> should be used very carefully, since it includes the "classification" in front (the "Operation Flashpoint:" part), and the page would then be sorted under "O"... Since that game prefix is part of the actual ''page name'', and not just an automatically attached category (which can be suppressed by using <nowiki>{{SUBPAGENAME}}</nowiki> instead), it is probably better to enter the sort key manually wherever possible. --[[User:Kronzky|Kronzky]] 21:13, 6 August 2006 (CEST)

Latest revision as of 03:58, 19 December 2006

PboX

The Tool PboX is complete coded by Dschulle and only anounced and hosted by SnakeMan (or the "wrptool-team" as you wish ;) )

What is a "content free" intro.

Anyway the COMMUNITYTOOLS part of the link was to ensure it was displayed in the list in proper alphabetical order, taking into account its content.

COMMUNITYTOOLS is NOT displayed, nor indeed will COMMUNITY TOOLS be displayed so the edit was pretty much useless........never mind. ;P

Planck 11:09, 5 August 2006 (CEST)

Spaces do matter for the sorting, that's why I changed "COMMUNITYTOOLS" TO "COMMUNITY TOOLS" . Otherwise, if a page is created that's called "COMMUNITY ZONES" for example, that would show up before "COMMUNITYTOOLS". And since a lot of pages define the sort key automatically, via {{pagename}}, we can't just ignore spaces altogether. --Kronzky 06:36, 6 August 2006 (CEST)

Point taken.

I find that PAGENAME produces mixed sorting, you can end up with some articles sorted under 'A' and further on, other articles sorted under 'a', depending on their given page name.

It really does look a mess, which is why I use capitals, but I admit I hadn't considered the space question.

Planck 13:11, 6 August 2006 (CEST)

Yeah, {{PAGENAME}} should be used very carefully, since it includes the "classification" in front (the "Operation Flashpoint:" part), and the page would then be sorted under "O"... Since that game prefix is part of the actual page name, and not just an automatically attached category (which can be suppressed by using {{SUBPAGENAME}} instead), it is probably better to enter the sort key manually wherever possible. --Kronzky 21:13, 6 August 2006 (CEST)