(Redirected from Getting Started)Jump to navigation Jump to search
In order to prevent vandalism and bot spam, self-creation of accounts has been disabled.
You need to ask for an account creation, Wiki account that will be linked to your Bohemia Interactive account.
Do you need an account?
Before asking for an account, ask yourself:
- Do you want to edit only a couple of pages where you noticed an error?
- If so, it is better to ask someone to edit said page(s) on the Arma Discord in the #community_wiki channel.
Else, head towards Dwarden (or any available official Community Manager) and ask for a Wiki account on BI Forums or the Arma Discord!
Rules & Recommendations
- Read the Bohemia Interactive Community Guidelines
- Use the BI Community Wiki naming conventions
- Formatting holds all the basic editing information
- You can refer to Formatting for information on wikitext
- Use categories to distinguish content specific for a particular project (e.g. not everything for Operation Flashpoint makes sense for Armed Assault etc.)
- Check the "This is a minor edit" box for small edits to keep version history easy to read
- Include some summary text of edits you have made
- Add your signature on talk pages (with four tildes ~~~~) - see these instructions.
- Collaborate with other contributors on the Arma 3 Discord #community_wiki channel.
- For experimentation, use your Sandbox.
You can find some excellent starting points for learning to edit the BI Wiki below, and on the help page
MediaWiki Tutorials & Guides
BiKi TODO list
See Maintenance and To-do.