Hoz – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Designer Tags

Since you're the 'official connection' to OFPEC here, I wonder what you think about including the OFPEC tags on the Community Portal.
I'd be happy to help posting the stuff here, but I wonder what OFPEC's plans and position is on this issue?
--Kronzky 23:07, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

I just wrote some of the ofpec people on this very topic. hope to have an answer soon.

hoz 23:09, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

<merging topic from Community Portal>

Should the Wiki also become a depository for designer tags, as they were introduced by OFPEC a while ago? (cached version of old page)
Since they affect addon makers as well as scripters the Community Portal might be the best place for them.
Kronzky 22:48, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

I think that would be a good idea. Just start converting it. Maybe we have to protect the page so that nobody "steals" a tag.

(PS Please add your name when writing comments.)

--raedor 22:50, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

I think using TAGs would be a good way of ordering both the community mods and community homepages section under one category with a respective page for each TAG. This would allow readers of the wiki to find a synopsis of the work under a TAG, as well as external web-pages, forum discussion and downloads etc all related to one addon author/group. The TAG pages can all link back under the same category, and are therefore placed in an alphabetical order by the wiki.

Da12thMonkey 23:12, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

Kronzky moved this discussion there.

--raedor 23:17, 18 July 2006 (CEST)

So...? Whatever happened to those tags? Or those OFPEC guys? ;) --Kronzky 09:14, 24 July 2006 (CEST)

I think putting the TAGs on the wiki might not be as good idea as one might think. Having a reference here would be nice, but registration should be handled by either a third-party or BIS themselves. The tag system is informal, I know, but a wiki page would have to be protected and we'd have to rely on someone else to update it anyways. Why not make it a bit more automated like OFPEC had and just throw it on a dedicated site (with XML or RSS feed perhaps for the wiki?).

I have the capability to automate a system and provide a stable way to access it (SOW Site has been up for 3+ years on a reliable host). I volunteer my services. I would even volunteer dedicating a portion of my site to a domain name owned by someone else or the community as a whole (such as "ofp.officialTags.com" and "arma.officialtags.com" or "ofptags.com" or "bistags.com") However, someone like OFPEC would be better simply because of the popularity of the site already.

CrashDome 22:19, 2 August 2006 (CEST)

Tag listing

It would be great, if the tags could be included in this wiki. Like if you want to register, that you have to give your name, e-mail address and tag. Like this, the tag would be "protected" in a easy way and only one person could have the specific tag.

What about this?

Lockheed Martin$ch 02:08, 20 July 2006 (CEST)

noinclude

What does <noinclude>...</noinclude> do? --raedor 11:22, 25 July 2006 (CEST)

Its useful in a template, where you want to categorize the template but when the template is applied you don't want that category to be included. hoz 15:05, 25 July 2006 (CEST)

Command Notes

Why don't you use the template? Is there any specific reason? --hardrock 20:54, 2 August 2006 (CEST)

Not sure what you meanhoz 21:02, 2 August 2006 (CEST)