If Type – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 13:55, 24 March 2007 by Planck (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

The article states that the so-called if type is a "helper type". I need a stricter definition of both the "if type" and the concept of "helper type" in general. To help you understand what I'm asking, look at the following:

if ( expression )

As you can see, that is an incomplete if statement. Is the term "if type" meant to refer to the part of an if statement consisting of the reserved word if followed by a boolean expression enclosed in parentheses, as exemplified above? If not, clarify in good, unambiguous english. Killswitch 02:01, 24 March 2007 (CET)

In the BI comref that I have the If Type is defined exactly the same way as the Wiki defines it.
If Type to my way of seeing it is perfectly understandable:
if exitWith code
The if in the syntax definition represents the fact that a conditional is the first parameter.
if is the condition, which can be the condition you write that determines when to exit, in this example.
if: If Type ... in the parameter section says what sort of conditional statement it is.
I agree that the If Type could probably do with a better definition, but the present definition does point to :the if and then commands to aid in determining what type of condition to use.
Planck 12:55, 24 March 2007 (CET)