addEventHandler – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Revision as of 00:57, 20 October 2006 by Raedor (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

I talked to hoz and he meant I should post an example of how the new Template: Command would look in reality. Here is what you would get of the given source code. Any comments please? Use it for the rest of the commands? Alter it? --hardrock 20:40, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

It looks very good, a nice clear layout. I must admit though.......won't it be a lot of work to convert all the commands to this layout.

I'm not afraid of doing it, but I have been through these commands about five times now, for various changes.

Must admit it looks good though.

Planck 21:18, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

You've got a point there, and of course it will be some work. But, for a start, I have already written conversions of half of the OFP commands, which you can see at the Scripting Reference (unfinished). As the whole layout was made using a PHP parser, I could easily write a new parser which would output each command in the syntax needed for Template:Command. So, at least for these commands, it would be only copy-paste. What do you think about it? --hardrock 21:28, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

From what I understand, HardRock has been working on this and has several commands done already???

Even so, I would very much like to see an expansion of the current (i.e. default) command information. The original format goes back 6 years and was useful at the time, but from what I remember, took a very long time to fully understand what a single command even meant in regards to SP, MP, or even in-relation to other commands. OFPEC's comments on the comref were a good idea and this takes it up a whole new level. I would be happy to support a reference like this.

Sincerely, CrashDome

CrashDome 21:30, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

Sounds good to me hardrock.

Anything that makes it easy is fine by me. :)

Planck 21:36, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

Web Directory for Copy Paste

The directory with the parsed commands is ready. Just take them and copy-paste, you can find them here: [1] --hardrock 05:43, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

Parser for Scripting Reference

I can adapt the parser so that it reads and converts also the BIS scripting reference to copy-paste items to save more work. The only question is whether someone would be allowed to send it to me, but I just wanted to offer it at least. This way we could convert all commands in several days. --hardrock 11:39, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

It might be better that you don't work from it.

We took the commands and entered them in the Wiki, but we had to correct various mistakes along the way.

Also additional information about some commands has been added by Suma and/or Maruk in the Wiki versions.

It is still a WIP anyway.

Planck 12:14, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

Ok. I did another thing now :-) I adapted the parser so that it retrieved and parsed all commands stored in the wiki.
This automatic computer procedure converted every command in this wiki to the new syntax. All commands are stored in this web directory, what you need to do now is go there, select a command, copy all and paste it over the old content of the same command in this wiki. There will be no information lost, all comments etc. remain. So the rest, namely pasting everything here, is pretty easy stuff. The more hands, the faster it goes.
The only important thing is that you leave the category in the scripting commands, but move it to the bottom. Everything else can be replaced. --hardrock 16:49, 1 August 2006 (CEST)

EH requests

Can BIS change the options for EHs and AddAction? I think its not very useful when we can´t use more options then "_this" to start it. More about this issue you can find here: http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=567cc1632ef9ef5a7caabf619067b57d;act=ST;f=64;t=53868 (Chaos)

Hi Chaos, sorry, but I don't see the problem. addAction already has more options in ArmA and the EHs are even in OFP "free to define"... Please read the rules: No requests in the wiki & sign your comments! --raedor 00:57, 20 October 2006 (CEST)