Hoz – User talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Reverted edits by ABIDEEN0.. (talk) to last revision by Raedor)

(30 intermediate revisions by 12 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
We could need some people which add some kind of priority markings to the bug reports, as Suma mentioned. Any ideas who could do that? --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 11:13, 17 December 2006 (CET)
Do you think we can delete some of the not used files?
:It's all done. The page will become rather varicoloured :D --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 13:32, 18 December 2006 (CET)
::I did it. The template [[Template:Bug priority|bug priority]] does that now. It's not yet finished, I will alter the colours, but you can look on it in my [[Hardrock's Sandbox|sandbox]]. We can also give it one single color, if you want. [[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 13:47, 18 December 2006 (CET)

:::I think the colours for priority 1 could be a bit more eye-catching, the rest is fine for me. Thanks for the templates! --[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 13:53, 18 December 2006 (CET)
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Special:Unusedimages&limit=500&offset=0

::::I'm done. Just check out the bug list. --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 17:22, 18 December 2006 (CET)
--[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 04:44, 12 January 2007 (CET)

== Empty pages ==

hey hoz, check [[Talk:Main_Page|that]] out please --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 22:25, 18 December 2006 (CET)
Hey there,

I'm not sure if empty pages like [[Armory]] will actually do any good. An article with nearly no content (or any content to the related subject) will remove the article's name from the list of wanted pages, and appear blue (ie. existant) instead of orange (ie. non-existant) wherever it's referenced in other articles. This could be a little bit misleading :)

==User talk reply==
Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, not ment to be interpreted as a rant :) -- [[User:Manny|Manny]] 14:55, 16 May 2007 (CEST)
"Weapons magically stick to dead units"
What do you mean exactly?You cannot take weapons from a dead unit? hoz
-----
No, you know what i mean :p
Will try to make it more clear whit my next entrys to the list. [[User:Burns|burns]] 22:07, 19 December 2006 (CET)

== Bug List Talk Continuation ==
I'll be adding to it today. [[User:Hoz|hoz]] 15:00, 16 May 2007 (CEST)

'''''Ok I spoke to a dev. This should be added to the bug list as both gunners are supposed to work.''' [[User:Hoz|hoz]]''
== General modding suggestions ==
: Are you sure you're talking about the AH-6/Shilka and how there's only one muzzle for the 2/4 guns? I just want to make sure you're not confusing it with multiple gunners, as we're talking about 1 gunner having control over 2 or more gun barrels, firing altogether with rounds actually originating from each gun (opposed to just one as it is now). Can you confirm that's what you asked the dev (which dev btw?) and that's what he replied to? It's just that I don't see how it could be supported in the engine, but if it can then that's fantastic so I'd really like to know for sure. Also I don't mean to be rude by questioning you, I'd just feel better if I knew for sure. --[[User:BigDawgKS|Big Dawg KS]] 22:52, 21 December 2006 (CET)

:: Clarification, the question was made about multiple turrets, not multiple weapons on a given turret. Turrets have a single pair of memory points for the main weapon, an optional offset point for a coax weapon, and provision for child turrets. In the case of the dual-weapon ZU-23 and the quad-weapon variant the Shilka, what is desired is a method for multiple weapons on a single turret control. That presently is not possible, standard engine limitation excuse. The shilka is presently implemented as a single weapon on the turret, with a single flash modeled in four points in space. -- [[User:Shinraiden|Shinraiden]] 07:33, 23 December 2006 (CET)
Hello Hoz :)

::: So then, is this being worked on? Is it considered a bug to be fixed or still just a non-feature? --[[User:BigDawgKS|Big Dawg KS]] 19:21, 23 December 2006 (CET)
can you please recommend me a site here in the BIKI where to add some suggestions about modding ArmA in general, like how to get ArmA start up as fast as possible. As alternative i could do a new page - again this would need a suggestion where things page should get mentioned in here. Cheers!

best regards
Q
--[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 20:12, 18 August 2007 (CEST)

:: The pages for addons and modding a bit of a mess, there are reference lists, the very basics on getting an addon to run, and the [[ArmA:_Addon_Editing]], getting armed to load as fast is possible could be a page of its own linked from various places like [[ArmA: Startup Parameters]]. If I'm following you. [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

== Review BIKI change ==

Hello Hoz,
can you please check this edit:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Category:ArmA:_Addons&action=history

Thanks! --[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 00:00, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

== CfgRecoil page ==

I suggest to move the content of this page to a newly created page called cfgRecoils:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/recoil
and make the recoil page forward to the new page. What do you say Hoz? --[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 00:00, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

I renamed the current page, should it be cfgRecoil or cfgRecoils? [[User:Hoz|hoz]]

You are right, cfgRecoils! May bad :-)
Thanks Hoz! --[[User:WGL.Q|WGL.Q]] 07:44, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

== ArmA: Server configuration Windows page ==
Hi Hoz,
can we clarify the arma_server.exe -profiles= parameter use, it doesn't work when you run the dedicated server .exe, -profiles= currently does

== a:b ==

When we add this, do you think we should add ?a:b,c,d as well? I mean this works in sqs:

? (alive player): hint "player lives", exit

It's the only code where you can use , instead of ; I believe

--[[User:Raedor|raedor]] 10:54, 16 October 2008 (CEST)

Latest revision as of 01:54, 24 August 2012

Do you think we can delete some of the not used files?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Special:Unusedimages&limit=500&offset=0

--raedor 04:44, 12 January 2007 (CET)

Empty pages

Hey there,

I'm not sure if empty pages like Armory will actually do any good. An article with nearly no content (or any content to the related subject) will remove the article's name from the list of wanted pages, and appear blue (ie. existant) instead of orange (ie. non-existant) wherever it's referenced in other articles. This could be a little bit misleading :)

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion, not ment to be interpreted as a rant :) -- Manny 14:55, 16 May 2007 (CEST)

I'll be adding to it today. hoz 15:00, 16 May 2007 (CEST)

General modding suggestions

Hello Hoz :)

can you please recommend me a site here in the BIKI where to add some suggestions about modding ArmA in general, like how to get ArmA start up as fast as possible. As alternative i could do a new page - again this would need a suggestion where things page should get mentioned in here. Cheers!

best regards Q --WGL.Q 20:12, 18 August 2007 (CEST)

The pages for addons and modding a bit of a mess, there are reference lists, the very basics on getting an addon to run, and the ArmA:_Addon_Editing, getting armed to load as fast is possible could be a page of its own linked from various places like ArmA: Startup Parameters. If I'm following you. hoz

Review BIKI change

Hello Hoz, can you please check this edit: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=Category:ArmA:_Addons&action=history

Thanks! --WGL.Q 00:00, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

CfgRecoil page

I suggest to move the content of this page to a newly created page called cfgRecoils: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/recoil and make the recoil page forward to the new page. What do you say Hoz? --WGL.Q 00:00, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

I renamed the current page, should it be cfgRecoil or cfgRecoils? hoz

You are right, cfgRecoils! May bad :-) Thanks Hoz! --WGL.Q 07:44, 22 September 2007 (CEST)

ArmA: Server configuration Windows page

Hi Hoz, can we clarify the arma_server.exe -profiles= parameter use, it doesn't work when you run the dedicated server .exe, -profiles= currently does

a:b

When we add this, do you think we should add ?a:b,c,d as well? I mean this works in sqs:

? (alive player): hint "player lives", exit

It's the only code where you can use , instead of ; I believe

--raedor 10:54, 16 October 2008 (CEST)