disableAI: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(VBS2 content removal)
Line 57: Line 57:

Contrary to the post above, using this command WILL disable A.I. movement ability if used with the "MOVE" parameter. Works even when the A.I. is grouped with other units. I use this command to set up stationary targets at objectives all the time. Works on a dedicated server.
Contrary to the post above, using this command WILL disable A.I. movement ability if used with the "MOVE" parameter. Works even when the A.I. is grouped with other units. I use this command to set up stationary targets at objectives all the time. Works on a dedicated server.
<dd class="notedate">Posted on Mar 19, 2010 - 14:39
<dt class="note">'''[[User:TijmenJoppe|TijmenJoppe]]'''
<dd class="note">
''Multiplayer Use for VBS2:''
The disableAI and [[enableAI]] commands need to be executed on the server or client where target unit is local. In other words: executing the command in a script on the server on a unit that is remote to that server (and local to one of the network clients) will have no effect.

Line 72: Line 63:

<h3 style="display:none">Bottom Section</h3>
<h3 style="display:none">Bottom Section</h3>

Revision as of 18:12, 30 December 2012

Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Disable parts of the AI behaviour to get a better control over the actions of a unit. Possible values are:
  • "TARGET" - stop the unit to watch the assigned target
  • "AUTOTARGET" - prevent the unit from assigning a target independently and watching unknown objects
  • "MOVE" - disable the AI's movement
  • "ANIM" - disable ability of AI to change animation. Available only since Armed Assault.
  • "FSM" - disable the execution of AI behavior scripts. Available only since Operation Arrowhead v1.60.
Note: All effects of disableAI command are cancelled after mission save or load. Note: In OFP is no way to undo this command.
Groups:
Uncategorised

Syntax

Syntax:
unitName disableAI section
Parameters:
unitName: Object - AI unit
section: String
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
_soldier1 disableAI "AUTOTARGET"

Additional Information

See also:
enableAI

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note

Notes

Posted on August 3, 2006 - 14:31
hardrock
Notes from before the conversion: The "TARGET" section of the AI is likely different than what you would think. Normally, when an AI group is standing still and sees an enemy, the group will break formation and start moving towards the enemy. If you disable the "TARGET" AI, then the AI units will stay where they are at. Even if you disable the "MOVE" AI, the units will still move out to attack the enemy, unless you disable the "TARGET" AI. Disabling both these AI sections is useful when placing units in defensive positions. This way, you can have them stay behind their cover, and not run out into the open. This command has also a bug: after mission save or load the effect will be no longer active and you must set it again. It's also good way to detect number of saves and loads (loads can be recognized using time command).
Posted on Feb 7, 2009 - 14:31
GeneralCarver
Multiplayer Use as of ArmA v1.14: Contrary to the post above, using this command WILL disable A.I. movement ability if used with the "MOVE" parameter. Works even when the A.I. is grouped with other units. I use this command to set up stationary targets at objectives all the time. Works on a dedicated server.

Bottom Section