Available Bohemia Interactive Games
Verify Game Files
In the event of a game issue, it is sometimes recommended to make Steam verify the game files:
- right-click on the game in the Steam list
- select "Properties"
- click on "Local Files"
- press "Verify integrity of game files"
Steam will now verify and repair modified files. This will not erase any personal files; game progress, controls and other configurations will remain unchanged.
Move Arma 3 Workshop Items
Mods in Arma 3 can often take a lot of space, and storage capacity can quickly be overwhelmed. In order to circumvent this issue, it is possible to change the mods storage location.
A Symbolic link (also known as Symlink) can make this happen, making the game see data from another location in the directory it expects.
- Locate the Workshop directory, in which the 107410 directory (which has the entire Arma 3 related Workshop items) is present.
Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content or if SteamLibrary is installed on another drive (e.g D:), D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content.
- Copy the 107410 directory to its new location (e.g E:\NewArma3WorkshopDirectory)
- Rename the <workshop directory>\107410 source directory to make a backup and ensure it is not used accidentally(e.g 107410_backup)
- Open Command Prompt in Administrator mode (Windows Search > type "cmd", right-click > "Run as Administrator")
- Enter this command:
mklink /d target source, where:
- target is the original 107410 location, e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410
- source is the actual data directory, e.g E:\NewArma3WorkshopDirectory
- Press Enter ↵ to run the command, here
mklink /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410" "E:\NewArma3WorkshopDirectory"
- This is it! There is nothing else to configure and nothing to change Launcher-wise. Start the game to make sure it recognizes the items properly.
- If everything went well, the backup can be safely deleted (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\107410_backup).