Talk:ArmA: Armed Assault: Weapons
KVPT, M107, and AKS74PSO do not exist right now. should these really be listed? or at least find a way to mark them that they are invalid right now.--Pyro05x 04:54, 27 January 2007 (CET)
- I haven't verified this, so I don't want to enter it myself, but feel free to add a little note to the relevant entries that they might be (temporarily) non-functional. --Kronzky 17:04, 27 January 2007 (CET)
I have marked the relevant weapons as 'not yet available'.
btw - KPVT is available in the game the BRDM2 is armed with it, I think you meant the KSVK
Planck 18:38, 27 January 2007 (CET)
- I noticed that this information was removed recently. A lot of us are running version 1.02 still; should the M16A4, M16A4_GL, M16A4_ACG, M16A4_ACG_GL, M107, AKS74PSO, and KSVK still be marked as version 1.04 content? Maybe add an "ArmA version" column? perhaps this information would clutter the wiki, but i think it would be neat to track the progress of content that is added.--Pyro05x 07:36, 20 February 2007 (CET)
- I'm not sure there would be much point considering the next patch will make everyone equal as far as content and version numbers go, those that bother to update anyway.
- Planck 15:06, 20 February 2007 (CET)
What is the difference between the pg7v and pg7vr ammo? What is the SD ammo for? Is it special silencer ammo? So the m249 can shoot silently?! --Doolittle 22:56, 17 July 2007 (CEST)
- The PG7V and PG7VR use different proxy models and modelspecial models.
- The difference between the 2 ammo types is that the R_PG7V_AT has a hit value of 500 whilst the R_PG7VR_AT has a hit value of 600 and both ammo types use different models as well.
- The hit value for the R_PG7V_AT listed in this article was wrong, I have corrected it.
- The 30Rnd_556x45_StanagSD magazine is the same one that is used by the M16 and other rifles, it appears that the M249 can use them too.
- Planck 00:43, 18 July 2007 (CEST)
It would be nice to see the damage value difference between HE and AP/SABOT rounds for the tanks. I.e. HE has wider damage splash but less damage at center. Sometimes the M2 seems to have splash damage too (?). --Doolittle 05:09, 29 July 2007 (CEST)
Names are case sensitive
Weapon names in ARMA and probably OFP are case sensetive, when detecting weapons.
The cfgWeapons lists several weapons cased incorrectly including but not limited to "STINGER","JAVELIN","STRELA","AKS74PSO". which are acutally "Stinger","Javelin","Strela","aks74pso".
- not really. see my post in the same thread --T_D 00:43, 26 April 2007 (CEST)
- While both of you raise a valid point, I suggest that we should still consider switching to the names in the casing presented ArmA, or at least mention this issue in the article. Others might encounter the very same problem too, after all. -- Manny 12:04, 27 April 2007 (CEST)
- This is a wiki: "Just do it."™ ;) --raedor 11:42, 28 April 2007 (CEST)
Incorrect Damage Values
In particular, the effects of "Mine" is far less than the effects of "MineE" according to my observations. I think there are more that are no longer correct. --MaHuJa 18:11, 3 June 2007 (CEST)
- The listed damage values come from the configuration file (weapons/config.cpp), where the definition for mines are identical for Eastern and Western ones. The only difference is in the model used.
- If you can demonstrate in a repro mission that different mines actually do cause different levels of damage, please post it. I'd be very interested in that one. --Kronzky 18:57, 3 June 2007 (CEST)
Rumor has it that with 1.06 or later there are smokegrades, however I do not see them in this list. Apparently this is confirmed in the Armory. Can someone in the know update this page with the new class names so I can add them via script? --ViperMaul 09:33, 17 June 2007 (CEST)
- I don't see any sign of launched smoke grenades in the 1.08 weapons configs. --Ceeeb 12:30, 17 June 2007 (CEST)
Indeed, only smokegrenades I know about are the throwable type under weapon 'Throw'
Planck 12:35, 17 June 2007 (CEST)
Hit (ArmA ver. 1.06)
Since version 1.06 hit is calculated from muzzle kinetic energy of bullet (by CSLA mod ver. 2.2) as Hit = sqrt(E)/5 Values by this formula are difrent from values in ArmA 1.00
NVGoggles and Binocular do not have a magazine, check their config entries.
Planck 23:36, 4 November 2008 (CET)