Jump to navigation Jump to search
mNo edit summary
(I don't know, scripting topic I guess)
Line 1: Line 1:
Dunno, very rough idea so far
Dunno, very rough idea so far
Idea is to cover some very basic do's and don'ts
Idea is to cover some very basic do's and don'ts
Yeah I really don't know what my idea is. Hence very sandbox.

== 'Modpack' ==
== 'Modpack' ==
Line 29: Line 31:
=== Conclusion ===
=== Conclusion ===
Don't do it.
Don't do it.
== Scripting ==
=== Related Terms ===
{| class="wikitable"
! Term !! Meaning !! Aliases
|-
| SQF || The language that is used to do a script works in Arma 3. Status Quo Function. ||
|-
| SQS || The language that '''was''' used in older Arma series, it still is useable in Arma 3 but obsolete and should not be used if you know what you do. ||
|}
=== Dos and Don'ts ===
{| class="wikitable"
! style=width:3% | !! style=width:20% | Don't !! style=width:20% | Do !! style=width:30% | Best
|-
! Preference
| Use a word writer software to write a script. Windows' Notepad.
| Use a text editor software to write a script. Notepad++.
| Use a word coding software to write a script. Visual Studio Code.
|-
! Example
| if (_this) then {<br/>player setDamage 1;<br/>hint "omae ha mou shindeiru";<br/>} else {<br/>hint "it's alive!"<br/>};
| ‎<syntaxhighlight>if (_this) then {
player setDamage 1;
hint "omae ha mou shindeiru";
} else {
hint "it's alive!"
};</syntaxhighlight>
| ‎<sqf>if (_this) then {
player setDamage 1;
} else {
hint "it's alive!"
};</sqf>
|-
! Why
|
| At least a monospace font and it tells which line/which length you're editing.
| Having syntax highlight makes your life easier.
|}

Revision as of 14:57, 24 April 2024

Dunno, very rough idea so far Idea is to cover some very basic do's and don'ts

Yeah I really don't know what my idea is. Hence very sandbox.

'Modpack'

Related Terms

Term Meaning Aliases
Mod A Mod is a package of PBOs which can be loaded into the game, may change anything in game that Engine can handle. Addon
Mod List Mod List is a preset to load a set of Mods in once via Arma 3 Launcher. Usually distributed in HTML file. Preset
PBO PBO is a file type that can be recognized/loaded into the game, and used by almost all Real Virtuality games, including Arma 3.
Modpack A Modpack is a Mod that has multiple Mods contents into one. The main subject of this section.

Pros and Cons of a Modpack

Pros Cons
  • May reduce amount of Mods.
  • If the packing is done without a permission, it is very easy violation of some licenses and Steam Workshop EULA.
  • May cause an outdated issue unless you update the Modpack which you never need to if you load the actual Mods in the first place.
  • May cause an unintentional Mod overwrite/conflict. (e.g. if the Modpack contains ACE yet you load actual ACE, will make a conflict and could result an unexpected issue.)

Conclusion

Don't do it.

Scripting

Related Terms

Term Meaning Aliases
SQF The language that is used to do a script works in Arma 3. Status Quo Function.
SQS The language that was used in older Arma series, it still is useable in Arma 3 but obsolete and should not be used if you know what you do.

Dos and Don'ts

Don't Do Best
Preference Use a word writer software to write a script. Windows' Notepad. Use a text editor software to write a script. Notepad++. Use a word coding software to write a script. Visual Studio Code.
Example if (_this) then {
player setDamage 1;
} else {
hint "it's alive!"
};
if (_this) then {
	player setDamage 1;
} else {
	hint "it's alive!"
};
if (_this) then { player setDamage 1; hint "omae ha mou shindeiru"; } else { hint "it's alive!" };
Why At least a monospace font and it tells which line/which length you're editing. Having syntax highlight makes your life easier.