Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A person object controlled by user. In Intros and Outros this isn't set by default and must be assigned.
- In MP player is different on each computer and on dedicated server it is objNull by default (however this doesn't mean there couldn't be one). When user is joining dedicated server mission, at the moment of onPlayerConnected the player object is remote to the joining client, as the player unit is created on the server, but once control of the unit is passed to the user moments later, the player objects becomes local to the client and stays local. See Multiplayer Scripting's player topic for additional helpful information.
- In multiplayer, the command is not initialised in functions called by initline or init eventhandlers.
- Object Manipulation
- Example 1:
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on Jun 20, 2010 - 03:11 (UTC)
Before you use the player object in init scripts, to avoid JIP issues all you need is to run:
hasInterface before initiating that loop)
Of course JIP players may need more than just the player to point at the actual JIP player unit, but that's script/mission-specific.
- Posted on Jun 26, 2014 - 18:49 (UTC)
- player can actually be REMOTE object on player's PC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6IILtfa3cQ
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Elite: Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Object Manipulation