Pyro05x/airfield control – User

From Bohemia Interactive Community
< User:Pyro05x
Revision as of 11:53, 13 February 2007 by Pyro05x (talk | contribs)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
http://i.creativecommons.org/l/by-nc-sa/2.5/88x31.png
All work shown here is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution- NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License unless otherwise indicated.

This is my most valuable piece of work. I'm polishing this off for the 505 release this month. Due to the lack of players, this mission is just too big for early release. My editor is configured to use 4-character tab stops. (I don't feel like reformatting it.)

To Do

Known Bugs

Template:Important bug

Features to Add

• switching "move" and "hold" waypoints
    • init: find a way to name the groups and keep track of the waypoint id's
    • on capture: switching the waypoints
Figure out more information about the addWaypoint and deleteWaypoint commands.
  • add sandbag bunkers around the flag.
  • more buildings and objects to create a better fighting environment...too much open area gives snipers too much of an advantage.
    • sandbags near the landing sites
    • repair stations
    • a power station and power lines
    • other industrial buildings
    • maybe another hotel

Tweaks

• relocate the bases so the distances are even
    • probably going to move the blufor base to pita.
  • scheduled for v1.1:
    • find a way to create a custom in-game dialog box for flag capture progress. (oooo shiny!)

Things to ponder for a future revision

• make the character climb up the flagpole, remove the enemy flag, hang his team's flag and climb back down.
  • add buildings
    • well-designed residential districts (upper and lower classes)
    • some houses here and there
    • apartment buildings
    • farms?
  • less likely stuff:
    • JointOps-style PSPs: scattered spawn points that can be captured...this will have to include giving players the ability to choose their spawn points.
      • The scope of this idea strays from my original dream of a massive battle at nightfall. It would have to be in a separate edition of the mission.

Features and Scripts

Counter-Measures for choppers

with audible alarm and [finally] flares!!! after a lot of tweaking, it has that flickering effect. Template:Box File

Template:Box File

King of the Hill

I don't plan on modifying this one any more. Right now, it appears to be a solid script.

Lighting up the runway

The Island of Antigua has a dirt runway on it. I decided to light it up because it looks cool and the mission is at night.

Awarding points to a player

The file's header explains it quite clearly...

Flag capture progress

The progress is shown in a textual form for now. A dialog box is scheduled for v1.1. I'm still trying to figure out how to create dialogs that do not interfere with gameplay. Currently, you can't move while a dialog is open.
This file is not published under a Creative Commons License.