addEventHandler – Talk

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Forgive me for butting in...)
No edit summary

(11 intermediate revisions by 6 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
I talked to hoz and he meant I should post an example of how the new [[Template: Command]] would look in reality. Here is what you would get of the given source code. Any comments please? Use it for the rest of the commands? Alter it? --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 20:40, 31 July 2006 (CEST)
Join In Progress: if a client runs [[addEventHandler]], people that are currently connected automatically add the event too, right? If a client connects AFTER the fact, do they not add the event? If not then do I need to put [[addEventHandler]] in [[setVehicleInit]] instead? Won't this mean everyone runs the command and (if 7 people are on) 7 "killed" even handlers get added to same object? --[[User:Doolittle|Doolittle]] 21:08, 12 March 2008 (CET)

-----
It looks very good, a nice clear layout.
I must admit though.......won't it be a lot of work to convert all the commands to this layout.

I'm not afraid of doing it, but I have been through these commands about five times now, for various changes.

Must admit it looks good though.

[[User:Planck|Planck]] 21:18, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

: You've got a point there, and of course it will be some work. But, for a start, I have already written conversions of half of the OFP commands, which you can see at the [http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/hardrock/docu/ScriptRef/ Scripting Reference (unfinished)]. As the whole layout was made using a PHP parser, I could easily write a new parser which would output each command in the syntax needed for [[Template:Command]]. So, at least for these commands, it would be only copy-paste. What do you think about it? --[[User:Hardrock|hardrock]] 21:28, 31 July 2006 (CEST)

== Forgive me for butting in... ==

From what I understand, HardRock has been working on this and has several commands done already???

Even so, I would very much like to see an expansion of the current (i.e. default) command information. The original format goes back 6 years and was useful at the time, but from what I remember, took a very long time to fully understand what a single command even meant in regards to SP, MP, or even in-relation to other commands. OFPEC's comments on the comref were a good idea and this takes it up a whole new level. I would be happy to support a reference like this.

Sincerely,
CrashDome

Latest revision as of 22:08, 12 March 2008

Join In Progress: if a client runs addEventHandler, people that are currently connected automatically add the event too, right? If a client connects AFTER the fact, do they not add the event? If not then do I need to put addEventHandler in setVehicleInit instead? Won't this mean everyone runs the command and (if 7 people are on) 7 "killed" even handlers get added to same object? --Doolittle 21:08, 12 March 2008 (CET)