Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Returns a position that is a specified distance and compass direction from the passed position or object.
- [origin, distance, direction] call BIS_fnc_relPos
- origin: Object or Position - object or position which should be used as initial point.
- distance: Number - distance from initial point
- direction: Number - direction from the intial position
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- See also:
- Posted on Jan 07, 2016 - 19:26 (UTC)
- The function appears to work in two dimensions, and as such can be used to find the position of a target relative to the player if bearing and distance are known. However, if there is a significant change in elevation between yourself and the target, the distance registered on a rangefinder (which is measuring in a 3-dimensional straight line) will always be larger than the two-dimensional value required for BIS_fnc_relPos and as such air-strikes and ordnance called in using such a function can miss by several hundred metres in extreme cases. Currently searching for a method which incorporates the azimuth of the rangefinder in calculation.