Jump to navigation Jump to search
An Identifier is the name given to a variable that the scripter can choose: It is the name that identifies the variable.
Binding rules for identifiers:
- Identifiers may consist of any ASCII text characters (a-z, A-Z), numbers (0-9) and underscores (_).
- Identifiers must not start with a number (e.g "9myVariable" is invalid).
- Identifiers of local variables must start with an underscore.
- Identifiers are case-insensitive.
- Identifiers cannot be the same as reserved words (e.g commands and functions).
It is recommended to write local variable identifiers in camel case syntax. This makes identifiers more readable:
It is also recommended to prefix global variable identifiers with your tag in order to avoid any potential conflict between addons, scripts and missions:
// Tag_identifier UNIQUETAG_player = player;