Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Disable collision between provided objects. The collision is always disabled for both objects in the arguments.
- Object Manipulation
- vehicle1 disableCollisionWith vehicle2
- vehicle1: Object
- vehicle2: Object
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- player disableCollisionWith myWall;
- Example 2:
- [_veh1, _veh2] remoteExecCall ["disableCollisionWith", 0, _veh1];
- Example 3:
- // this command stores a reference to the other object on both arguments: _obj1 disableCollisionWith _obj2; // _obj1 has a reference to _obj2, disabling collision with it // _obj2 has a reference to _obj1, disabling collision with it // only one reference is required to disable collision, allowing more than one disabled collision _obj1 disableCollisionWith _obj3; // _obj1 has a reference to _obj3, disabling collision with it // _obj2 has a reference to _obj1, disabling collision with it // _obj3 has a reference to _obj1, disabling collision with it // factually, _obj1 has collisions disabled with _obj2 and _obj3 // note that _obj1 collision can be changed without using the command on it directly _obj2 disableCollisionWith _obj3; // _obj1 has no more reference to _obj3 and can collide with it // _obj2 has a reference to _obj3, disabling collision with it // _obj3 has a reference to _obj2, disabling collision with it
- See also:
- collisionDisabledWith enableCollisionWith
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on Apr 04, 2015 - 12:03 (UTC)
disableCollisionWith is basically a script that when you apply it to an object, and your unit can go through it like a ghost. However, if you wish the object to be solid again, you may wish to use enableCollisionWith.
An example for this is:On a side note: this can come in handy a lot if you want a unit to sit on the back of a car or on top of a container// name of unit in editor such as player1 // name of object in editor such as barrel1 barrel1 disableCollisionWith player1; // to make the barrel solid again, do this as vice versa if you know what you are doing! barrel1 enableCollisionWith player1;
- Posted on May 29, 2018 - 06:58 (UTC)
- This command does not disable the roadway LOD.