Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Creates child display of given display and loads from "resourceName". The notable difference between createDisplay and createDialog is that with createDisplay the player would be able to move around while the display is shown.
Displays created with createDisplay or createDialog will take control of the mouse pointer and will close when user presses Esc.
- GUI Control
- parent createDisplay resourceName
- parent: Display
- resourceName: String - custom display class defined in description.ext or existing display class from main config
- Return Value:
- Display (since 1.50, Nothing before)
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- See also:
- closeDisplay createDialog displayCtrl dialog displayNull controlNull ctrlCreate displayParent
- Posted on Nov 15, 2014 - 13:20 (UTC)
When using createDisplay instead of createDialog, all the commands for working with the controls of the display only work with the control version, not the IDC version:
- Posted on Jun 29, 2017 - 09:02 (UTC)
- A user dialog created with createDisplay over mission display (findDisplay 46) will stop display event handlers added to mission display from firing. However if it is created with createDialog then the event handlers continue to work.
- Posted on Jun 21, 2020 - 17:01 (UTC)
- Creating a display with the same parent as an existing display will destroy the latter and all of its children. However, their onUnload, onChildDestroyed, and onDestroy event handlers will not fire.