Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Make a unit perform an action. See Category:Actions for action names and syntaxes.
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Example 3:
- See also:
- actionIDs actionParams addAction setUserActionText inGameUISetEventHandler showHUD inputAction removeAction removeAllActions weaponsInfo
- Posted on Aug 28, 2009 - 09:26 (UTC)
- In Arma 2, you can place a unique unit (for example a boat, far of all combats) and use it for all command lines with action.
- Posted on Mar 27, 2015 - 17:57 (UTC)
- This command has no effect when a dead unit is used as input.
- Posted on Jun 27, 2017 - 02:15 (UTC)
- Posted on Jul 20, 2017 - 12:22 (UTC)
Some of the actions (such as "DropWeapon") do not always execute, and there should be a set of conditions for them to run.
The unit must be able to perform the dropping animation in order for the action to properly execute.
So, if for example we spawn a unit at [0,0,0] and make it perform a "DropWeapon" action - it won't work if [0,0,0] is water (which it is, if the current map is an island) because the unit will be swimming.
Also, you cannot stack up actions right after the other. If you run a "DropWeapon" action when the current action animation is still going - it will not perform. There are a few more conditions for an action to perform, but relying on a hundred percent success of the action is not a good practice.