Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Creates an object of the given type. Created object is not transferred through network in MP games. netId of such vehicle in multiplayer will be "0:0". To disable local vehicle creation, use CfgDisabledCommands to blacklist this command. Alternatively, you can use createSimpleObject with local option enabled where applicable.
- Object Manipulation
- type createVehicleLocal position
- type: String
- position: Array format PositionAGL
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- _lightsource = "#lightpoint" createVehicleLocal _pos;
- Example 2:
- _lightsource = "#lightreflector" createVehicleLocal _pos;
- See also:
- createVehicle createMine deleteVehicle createUnit
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on 07:18, 5 June 2008 (CEST)
- If the object that is created is of the type ammo, then it will created on all clients (tested only on VBS2).
- Posted on 18:04, 5 September 2013 (CEST)
- Indeed the type of Ammo is transfered to ALL clients, but apparently also the muzzle effects (firing sound, light, etc.); this includes muzzles from Horns (Truck or Car Horn, Bicycle bells, etc.) as well as any other weapon. Tested on Arma 1 - Arma 2 OA (latest patch).
- Posted on 2018-11-02 - 12:16 (UTC)
WARNING: Do not instigate createVehicle or createVehicleLocal within a server function executed with preInit flag.
This will cause "You cannot play/edit this mission" for a vehicles compiled from a -mod and make server skip/loop that mission init.
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Armed Assault version 1.00
- ArmA: Armed Assault: New Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Object Manipulation
- Scripting Commands: Local Effect