Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Searches for an empty area around the specified position, starting from the center looking for an empty areaRadius and looks as far away as areaRadius + maxDistance. This command ignores moving objects present within the search area. The search area can be preloaded with findEmptyPositionReady command.
- center findEmptyPosition [areaRadius, maxDistance, vehicleType]
- center: Array format Position2D or Position3D - search area center position in format [x,y] or [x,y,z] in which case z is ignored
- areaRadius: Number - wanted area radius
- maxDistance: Number - stop searching no further than areaRadius + maxDistance from the center
- vehicleType: String - (Optional) classname of a vehicle to accommodate
- Return Value:
- Array - a suitable empty position in format Position3D or empty array  if not found
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Example 3:
- Check if exact position is empty:
- Posted on Nov 06, 2013 - 18:10 (UTC)
- Keep search radius short and sweet, under 50 metres maybe. Searching big area takes long time and will result in your game stop responding until the search is over. isFlatEmpty is probably more suitable for a larger area search.
- Posted on Mar 06, 2012 - 00:50 (UTC)
- I think the radius parameter should be treated as a 'minimum distance' from the centre position. I found that the parameter name radius was not very clear. Also, if radius is greater than max distance then the function will always return an empty array. Here is an snippet of code I use to find a safe landing zone for an extraction helicopter. It may be useful for someone.