Magic variables are engine-maintained variables that serve a specific purpose within a given scope and are often used by the engine to provide data to a script or code fragment.
They are usually no longer present after leaving the scope (e.g. after code execution or after a forEach-statement).
Additional Event Handler arguments available with addMissionEventHandler.
The index for Scripted Event Handlers added with BIS_fnc_addScriptedEventHandler.
The time elapsed since the script started running.
Within a Function, the TAG_fnc_functionName function name (e.g. "myTag_fnc_myFunction").
Available in HashMapObject methods. Contains the HashMapObject instance that the method was invoked on (see createHashMapObject).
- Addon Config Files (e.g. UserActions, onInit, etc.): The object to which the entry belongs.
- Dialogs: The player unit that activated control (e.g. via mouseEnter). false if non-activated.
- Object Init Fields: The object to which the init field belongs.
- Condition, On Activation and On Deactivation: The group leader that completed the waypoint (or the driver, if the waypoint is assigned to a vehicle).
- Accessible in the Condition, On Activation and On Deactivation code.
- Defines an array of objects that have been detected by the trigger (same as what is returned by the list command).
- Seems to be undefined in the On Deactivation expression and should not be used. It will either be an empty array, or possibly the contents of a different trigger.
- Accessible within the Condition or On Activation code.
- Defines an array containing all group members that completed the waypoint.
Refers to the trigger object itself - accessible within the Condition, On Activation and On Deactivation code.