Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Composes a string containing other variables or other variable types. Converts any variable type to a string. If you want to convert a string back to a number, use parseNumber.
- format [formatString, var1, var2, ...]
- formatString: String - a string containing text and/or references to the variables listed below in the array. The references appear in the form of %1, %2 etc.
- var1: Anything - variable referenced by %1
- var2: Anything - (Optional) variable referenced by %2
- Return Value:
- String - The full string (up to 8kb, see above) is returned.
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- See also:
- formatText endl str toString joinString
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on Mar 02, 2009 - 15:12 (UTC)
- Posted on Mar 28, 2015 - 09:22 (UTC)
- In addition to the note above, formatTexted strings are Structured Text, hence cannot be used like formatted strings (with most scripting commands). A workaround to get strings of type String with more than 8191 characters is:
str formatText ["%1", _string]
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Elite: Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Strings