Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Converts any value into a string, depending on its type. If an Object has a vehicleVarName, it is returned (see Example 4).
- Before Arma 3 v1.64 this command did not escape a String's double quotes "" properly.
- str value
- value: Anything
- Return Value:
- String - if value is a String, double quotes "" will surround it (see Example 3)
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Example 3:
- Example 4:
- Posted on Sep 29, 2009 - 20:17 (UTC)
- When applied to a unit, this returns the variable name that was assigned to the unit in the editor (see also vehicleVarName). For example, if you have created a playable unit with the name 'thePlayer' then you can use 'str player' to return "thePlayer".