Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Make unit say given sound. The sound is defined in CfgSounds.
If the unit is a person, it will also perform the corresponding lipsync effect provided an appropriate .lip file has been created for this sound.
- A dead or non-existent unit obviously cannot say anything.
- If the camera is not within given range, title is not shown and the sound will not be heard.
- See also playSound in order to play a sound wherever the camera/player is.
- from say sound
- from: Object or Array of Objects
- sound: String or Array
- String - class name of the sound to be played. Defined in CfgSounds including Description.ext
- Array - format [sound, maxTitlesDistance, speed]:
- sound: String - class name of the sound to be played. Defined in CfgSounds including Description.ext
- maxTitlesDistance: Number (Optional, default 100) - max. distance in meters at which the sound can be heard
- speed: Number (Optional, default 1) - pitch of the sound
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- See also:
- say3D say2D playSound createSoundSource playSoundUI
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Operation Flashpoint version 1.00
- Operation Flashpoint: New Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Scripting Commands
- Operation Flashpoint: Elite: Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Sounds
- Scripting Commands: Local Effect