Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Sets AI group combat mode (engagement rules). For individual unit's combat mode see setUnitCombatMode. Mode may be one of the following:
- "BLUE" : Never fire, keep formation
- "GREEN" : Hold fire, keep formation
- "WHITE" : Hold fire, engage at will/loose formation
- "YELLOW" : Fire at will, keep formation
- "RED" : Fire at will, engage at will/loose formation
- GroupsAI Behaviour
- group setCombatMode mode
- group: Group or Object - If the argument is unit Object, unit's current group is used.
- mode: String - See description
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- _group1 setCombatMode "BLUE";
- See also:
- Combat Modes Use in Waypoints combatMode behaviour setBehaviour skill setSkill Arma 3 AI Skill setUnitCombatMode unitCombatMode setCombatBehaviour combatBehaviour
- Posted on 2020-01-01 - 07:35 (UTC)
- Combat mode can only be changed via scripting/waypoints - not by player radio commands for an AI group.
- "Engage at will" means AI can form subgroups and break off to engage known or assigned enemies. These AI will then act largely on their own.
- As player one can use the "engage at will" radio command to achieve the same/similar behavior. However this will not change the unit's combat mode. Yet one can override the "keep/loose formation" status of combat mode with radio commands.
- "Never fire" means AI will actually never fire. Whereas under "Hold fire", AI will shoot back if getting fired upon, hostiles get too close, or they get a target explicitly assigned by the (sub)group leader.
- As player one can override the fire status with radio commands ("Hold fire", "Open fire", "Fire"). However this will not change the unit's combat mode.
- "Never fire"/combat mode blue cannot be overridden by group leader target assignment. One needs to command "Open fire" or switch to a different combat mode (with "Hold fire") to be able to do so.