Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Multiplies 3D vector by a scalar.
- Math - Vectors
- vector vectorMultiply scalar
- vector: Array - vector 3D or 2D (since Arma 3 v2.00, z coordinate is defaulted to 0)
- scalar: Number
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- private _eyePos = eyePos player; private _eyeDir = getCameraViewDirection player; // this is a normalized vector, i.e. its magnitude is 1 private _100mFurther = _eyeDir vectorMultiply 100; // since _eyeDir is normalized, multiplying it by 100 means 100 m in that direction private _lookPos = _eyePos vectorAdd _100mFurther; // the position where player is looking 100m ahead
- Example 3:
- See also:
- vectorAdd vectorDiff vectorCrossProduct vectorDotProduct vectorCos vectorMagnitude vectorMagnitudeSqr vectorDistance vectorDistanceSqr vectorDir vectorUp setVectorDir setVectorUp setVectorDirAndUp vectorNormalized vectorFromTo matrixMultiply matrixTranspose
- Posted on 28 Jun, 2014
- 1.22 Algorithm: vectorMultiply instead of BIS_fnc_vectorMultiply. This is a very useful function, as it can be used with the velocity command to move an object from one position to another. (ie <vector1> to <vector2>) - ensure both positions are found using getPosASL.