Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Orders an artillery unit to fire a burst on the given position (via the radio).
- The unit will fire a burst even if the rounds parameter is 0 or a negative number.
- unit commandArtilleryFire [position, type, rounds]
- unit: Object
- position: Array format PositionAGL
- type: String - Magazine class name from CfgMagazines (case sensitive).
- rounds: Number
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Mortar commandArtilleryFire [[3000, 120, 1000], "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 3];
- See also:
- doArtilleryFire getArtilleryAmmo getArtilleryETA enableEngineArtillery getArtilleryComputerSettings shownArtilleryComputer inRangeOfArtillery fire doFire commandFire canFire fireAtTarget forceWeaponFire commandSuppressiveFire doSuppressiveFire isManualFire
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on Apr 18, 2020 - 14:28 (UTC)
The Mk6 Mortar comes with four "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells" magazines, giving it a total of 32 HE shells. However, _mortar commandArtilleryFire [_somePos, "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 10]; will only fire 8 rounds instead of 10.
Similarly, ...... will only fire 8 rounds total instead of 9; the second round of the second burst is never fired because the artillery unit has to reload after the first round of the second burst._mortar commandArtilleryFire [_somePos, "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 7]; // First burst sleep 20; // Wait until first burst has been fired _mortar commandArtilleryFire [_somePos, "8Rnd_82mm_Mo_shells", 2]; // Second burst