Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Returns true if the given vehicle is still able to fire. For the command to return true, vehicle must be alive, have weapon operator and the weapon cannot be damaged ≥ 0.9 but can be empty due to running out of ammo. If mission starts with vehicle having no ammo or setVehicleAmmo 0 command is executed on the vehicle, then canFire will always report false for it.
- Example 1:
- See also:
- canMove canStand fire doFire commandFire fireAtTarget forceWeaponFire commandArtilleryFire commandSuppressiveFire doArtilleryFire doSuppressiveFire isManualFire
- Posted on 07:16, 20 January 2007 (CEST)
- true even if unit is out of ammo. Only false if gun is damaged.
- Posted on 05:20, 24 August 2008 (CEST)
- False if there is no gunner in the vehicle, regardless of damage level.
- Posted on 07:20, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
- Pierre MGI
- This command seems to have evolved. Returns "true" (on Hunter, Ifrit) even if Gun's damage is set to 1 and turret also, as far there is a gunner. The only way to obtain a canFire "false" is to make the crew disembark (2 burned tires for example). Then no matter the gun state, if the gunner disembarks without order, the vehicle can't fire. In this case: can't move >> can't fire. NB: if you jump into a hunter HMG after having setHitPointDamage(d) "hitTurret" and "hitGun" to 1, the turret can't rotate any more, the gun is pitched down but you can fire (trigger) to the ground. Difficult to check the behavior for each vehicles.