Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Orders the given unit or a group of units to suppress the given position or target (without radio messages, see commandSuppressiveFire is you need messages).
- When an Array of units is passed as param, only units from the same Group as the first unit in array are considered.
- The unit (units) starts firing at the given target or position random amount of shots (exact formula unknown, but seems to depend on amount of ammo unit has) after which it stops.
- currentCommand shows "Suppress" and there is no way of stopping unit before it completes random amount of rounds.
- If position is passed as target param, it stays fixed.
- If object is passed as target param, it depends on what kind of object. If it is considered a proper target by the unit, it is tracked by the unit dynamically. If it is not, the position gets obtained via getPosWorld, which could be different from PositionASL of the object, and it is fixed even if the target is able to change position later.
- Unit Control
- unit doSuppressiveFire target
- unit: Object or Array - A single unit or array of units
- target: Object or Array - Actual target or position of the target in format PositionASL
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- _soldier doSuppressiveFire [1869.508,5760.962,0.000];
- Example 2:
- See also:
- suppressFor fire doFire commandFire canFire fireAtTarget forceWeaponFire commandArtilleryFire commandSuppressiveFire doArtilleryFire isManualFire
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note