Jump to navigation Jump to search
Event Handler Triggered Hit HandleDamage Killed MPKilled
Set damage on a part of an object.
- Object Manipulation
- object setHit [part, damage, useEffects, killer, instigator]
- object: Object - local object
- part: String - name of the part (selection name)
- damage: Number - damage value ranging 0..1, 0 being fully functional, 1 being destroyed
- since 1.68
- useEffects: Boolean - (Optional, default true) false to skip destruction effects
- since 2.08
- killer: Object - (Optional, default objNull) the entity that caused the damage. If the damage leads to the death of the unit, the killer will be used as the object that caused the kill.
- since 2.12
- instigator: Object - (Optional, default objNull) the person that instigated the damage.
- if a tank is a killer, the tank gunner that pulled the trigger is instigator
- it will be listed as _instigator parameter in the Killed event handler.
- Return Value:
- Example 1:
- Example 2:
- Example 3:
- See also:
- getHit getHitPointDamage setHitPointDamage damage setDamage setFuel setAmmo getHitIndex setHitIndex
- Posted on Aug 24, 2009 - 11:09 (UTC)
Damaging specific parts of the vehicle will not update its overall damage value (as of v1.03):
- Posted on Mar 29, 2011 - 14:25 (UTC)
Direct use of the names of sections of the model is likely a bad practice, and will not work on some addons.
should be used:_MH60S setHit ["elektronika", _hit];