setDefaultCamera: Difference between revisions

From Bohemia Interactive Community
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(wanted to create a page but instead.....)

m (Text replacement - "ATLtoASL" to "ATLToASL")

(52 intermediate revisions by 7 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
'''Just this one last time... The captcha is broken! Each command template contains link to external source, in this case forums, so in order to create new page non admin users have to pass captcha, which is broken. So here is is, I would very much like to add this page about setDefaultCamera command, but I can't. I dunno what else to do, and seems no one gives a monkey about it despite the earlier reports. So yeah, whatever, I suddenly lost all will to share on wiki my current and future findings too. --KK'''
{{RV|type=command

|game1= arma3
|version1= 1.10

|gr1= Camera Control

|descr= Sets the position and direction for the camera used after camera is set on no object (log out view when leaving MP game for example)

|s1= [[setDefaultCamera]] [position, direction]

|p1= position: [[Array]] format [[Position#PositionASL|PositionASL]] - position of the camera
|p2= direction: [[Array]] - format [[Vector3D]] - direction of the camera

|r1= [[Nothing]]

|x1= <sqf>setDefaultCamera [[5000, 5000, 200], [1, 1, -1]];</sqf>

|x2= Lift camera 100m up above current player position and point downwards:
<sqf>setDefaultCamera [ATLToASL (player modelToWorld [0, 0, 100]), [0, 0, -1]];</sqf>

|seealso= [[camCreate]] [[cameraOn]] [[cameraView]] [[cameraEffect]] [[cameraEffectEnableHUD]] [[switchCamera]] [[positionCameraToWorld]] [[cameraInterest]] [[setCameraInterest]] [[getEditorCamera]] [[mapCenterOnCamera]] [[preloadCamera]] [[restartEditorCamera]]
}}

Latest revision as of 19:26, 29 July 2022

Hover & click on the images for description

Description

Description:
Sets the position and direction for the camera used after camera is set on no object (log out view when leaving MP game for example)
Groups:
Camera Control

Syntax

Syntax:
setDefaultCamera [position, direction]
Parameters:
position: Array format PositionASL - position of the camera
direction: Array - format Vector3D - direction of the camera
Return Value:
Nothing

Examples

Example 1:
setDefaultCamera [[5000, 5000, 200], [1, 1, -1]];
Example 2:
Lift camera 100m up above current player position and point downwards:
setDefaultCamera [ATLToASL (player modelToWorld [0, 0, 100]), [0, 0, -1]];

Additional Information

See also:
camCreate cameraOn cameraView cameraEffect cameraEffectEnableHUD switchCamera positionCameraToWorld cameraInterest setCameraInterest getEditorCamera mapCenterOnCamera preloadCamera restartEditorCamera

Notes

Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note