Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Creates a new map marker at the given position. The marker will be created for every connected player as well as all JIP players. The marker name has to be unique; the command will be ignored if a marker with the given name already exists.
- createMarker [name, position, channel, creator]
- name: String - the marker's name, used to reference the marker in scripts.
- position: Array or Object - Position2D, PositionAGL or Object. In case of an object, the object's model centre's PositionASL is used (see getPosWorld)
- since 2.02
- channel: Number - (Optional) the marker channel - see Channel IDs (for multiplayer)
- since 2.02
- creator: Object - (Optional) the marker creator (for multiplayer)
- Return Value:
- String - The marker's name or empty string if the marker name is not unique.
- Example 1:
- _marker1 = createMarker ["Marker1", position player];
- Example 2:
- _marker2 = createMarker ["Marker2", player]; // since Arma 3 1.50
Report bugs on the Feedback Tracker and/or discuss them on the Arma Discord or on the Forums.
Only post proven facts here! Add Note
- Posted on Sep 19, 2015 - 21:02 (UTC)
createMarker accepts an object as position parameter as well . You could try this with the following code (both SP/MP)_markerstr = createMarker ["markername", player]; _markerstr setMarkerShape "RECTANGLE"; _markerstr setMarkerSize [100, 100];
- Posted on May 28, 2018 - 11:57 (UTC)
In Arma 3, one can create markers which are deletable by the user by prefixing the name with _USER_DEFINED.
createMarker "_USER_DEFINED someMarkerName"
- Posted on May 03, 2019 - 15:53 (UTC)
There is a new function with which you can create a marker with all settings applied in one step: BIS_fnc_stringToMarker and BIS_fnc_stringToMarkerLocal
- Posted on Jan 26, 2021 - 22:42 (UTC)
When creating a marker with the name format: "_USER_DEFINED #n1/n2/n3".
n1 can be used to set the owner, n2 I think is an incrementing index to ensure markers are unique, to this end also mangle some more characters onto the end of the string, and n3 is the channel ID the marker is in.
_markerName = format ["_USER_DEFINED #%1/%2/%3" , clientOwner,_index, _ChannelID]; _marker = createMarkerLocal [_markerName, _pos];
- Scripting Commands
- Introduced with Armed Assault version 1.00
- ArmA: Armed Assault: New Scripting Commands
- ArmA: Armed Assault: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Scripting Commands
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead: Scripting Commands
- Take On Helicopters: Scripting Commands
- Arma 3: Scripting Commands
- Command Group: Markers
- Scripting Commands: Global Effect